Guide for filing ITR 2
INCOME TAX RETURN FORM
What is ITR 2 from?
ITR 2 form is for individuals and HUF, Who receiving income other than income from “Profit and Gain from business or profession”.
Who is eligible to file ITR 2?
This form is used, when individuals income fall below the category
- Income from salary/pension
- Income from more than one housing property.
- Foreign asset and income
- Income from other sources (including winning from lottery bet on racehorses and gambling)
- Agriculture income more than Rs.5000
Who is not eligible to file ITR 2?
It should not be filed by individuals who have income under the heads of business and profession from the proprietorship.
It also cannot be filed by companies or LLPs or any other entity
When is Due Date?
It has to file by individuals and HUFs, on before 31st July of every year.
Procedure for filing ITR 2
It has filed by three methods
- Transmitting data Using Digital Signature Certificate
- Transmitting the data electronically under the Electronic Verification Code.
- And mailing (post) the return in return form ITR-V to the income tax department.
Changes that made in this form
It is compulsory to file ITR 2, who earn income above Rs.5 lakhs.
Contain any signed authority in any account outside India or asset outside India.
Claim relief to whom schedule FSI and schedule TR is applicable.
To fill this form followed here
step-1: Enter the general information (i.e PAN card, Aadhar, etc).
step-2: All the schedules that has to be filled are followed
- Part-A: General information
- Part-B-TI: computation of total tax
- Part-B-TTI: computation of tax liability on total income
Details to be filled in the return prepared by the taxpayer
- Schedule S: Details of income from head salaries
- Schedule HP: Details of income from house property
- Schedule-lF: Details of partnership firm in which you are a partner
- Schedule-CG: income under capital gain
- Schedule-OS: computation of income under income from other aspects
- Schedule CYLA: Statement of income after set off of current year losses
- Schedule-BFLA: income after set off unabsorbed loss brought forward from earlier years
- Schedule-CFL: Statment of losses to be carried forward to future year
- Schedule-VIA: Deduction from total income under chapter VIA
- Schedule-80G: Statement of donation entitled for deduction u/s 80G
- Schedule-SPI: Income arising to spouse/minor child/son’s wife or any other person or association of persons to include in the income of the assessee in Schedule – HP, CG, and OS
- Schedule-Sl: Statement of income which is chargeable to special tax rates
- Schedule El: Exempted income details
- Schedule PTl: Passes through income details from the business trust or investment fund as per section 115UA, 115UB
- Schedule-FSl: Statement of income accruing or arising outside India
- Schedule-TR: Taxes paid outside India information
- Schedule FA: Foreign assets and income details
- Schedule-5A: Therefore, Statement of appointment of income, between spouses governed by Portuguese civil code
- Schedule-AL: Asset and liability, at the year-end(applicable in case income exceeding Rs.50 lakh)
step-3: Part-BTl computation, of total income chargeable tax.
step-4: Part-BTT computation, of tax liability on total income.
step-5: Lastly, fill the verification part.
In case of any help or assistance in filing your ITR 2 in Chennai, ITR 2 in Mumbai, ITR 2 in Bangalore contact Virtual auditor support team on 9962 230 333/9513 93 9333/044- 48560333 /mail us [email protected], our team will guide through the entire process and help you comply