How to Apply for TAN?
TAN has to apply by making an online application or in person by visiting the income tax department. TAN Application has to made by using the form 49B. Thus the acknowledgement which is received after the application is submitted in form 49B which needs to be furnish to the department as a proof.
Application Procedure (Online)
- TAN applicant has to be filled in form 49B
- In case there’s an error, it needs to be rectified and the form needs to be re-submitted.
- It will display a confirmation screen with the data filled
- The applicant can edit or confirm the same.
Acknowledgement (TAN REGISTRATION)1.
And Once confirmation is provided by the applicant, then an acknowledgement screen will displayed. This acknowledgement would consist of:
A unique acknowledgement number of 14-digits
Name and contact details of the applicant
Status of applicant
Details with respect to payment
Space for signature
Applicants should save and print this acknowledgement. 3.
The applicant have to sign in the space as so provided
Payment (TAN REGISTRATION)
The fee for processing the application for TAN application INR 65.00 ( 55.00 application charge + 18.00% Goods & Services Tax) and this is a non-refundable fee if your application is rejected. DD/Cheque ha to drawn in favour of NSDL-TIN.
Once the form is submit, then the department has to verify the details which is submitted to it. And If the application appears to be correct, then the NSDL will send the TAN details to the applicant’s address as provided in the form 49B or they could also send through an email with the details of TAN if the application was made online.
Pointers for Filling Form 49B (TAN REGISTRATION)
Given Below are few points which one should keep in mind while applying for TAN in the form 49B. 1. Form 49B has to file in English and in capital letters only.
2. The details of the assessing officer are required to furnish by collector or deductor of tax. Thus this information have to access from the Income Tax Office if same isn’t available.
3. Details in respect to the district, area, area code, etc, is required to provide by tax deductor or collector. If this particular detail isn’t known, then the Income Tax Office will assist you to find out the same.
4. The form have to filled up entirely. Blanks or pending sections won’t be considered
5. Those Individuals which are responsible for filing and submitting tax have to list down their designation mandatorily.
6. And also These applicant’s address has to be the Indian address only.